As the pandemic has made pretty much everything standstill, it has helped the world understand the need for an online presence. Not only that, but the world is now aware of the perks of having an online business.
Online services helped the buyer connect to the seller and keep the world going.
In all this, the web hosting business grew immensely. People wanted to have an online presence, and these companies helped people get to the online platforms.
Web hosting, in simple words, is when you pay a web hosting company to help you take your business online. A web host takes money from you and allots you a place on the internet. They provide you with different types of web hosting plans according to your need.
The various types of web hosting are
- Shared hosting
- Reseller hosting
- VPS hosting
- Cloud hosting
- WordPress hosting.
- cheap vps server
Some of these hosting types have two formats, managed and self-managed.
When you choose managed hosting from your web host, the hosting service provider manages the server and website for you. They provide you with the management of server mind mapping app monitoring, technical concerns, software upgrades, malware protection, security, and so on. If you come from a non-technical background, then managed hosting is the best suited for you.
In self-managed hosting, you are responsible for managing the server, security, updates, and so on.
If you have a technical background, then self-managed hosting is just as good for you but, it will lead to a rise in the cost of hiring a technical team. It may lead to paying more than what is necessary.
People generally opt for managed hosting as it allows you to spend more time concentrating on the growth of your business.
Among all the other hosting types, VPS hosting is one of the most chosen. It has various advantages over any other type of hosting.
Web hosting companies provide you with managed, self-managed plans and unmanaged VPS hosting plans.
One such web hosting company is MilesWeb. It is one of the highest-rated web hosting service providers in India.
MilesWeb is an Indian web hosting company, which was started in 2012 and has grown enormously since. With enhanced features and affordable rates, MilesWeb wins your hearts easily.
They have over 30,000 happy customers. The company offers high uptime, 30-day money-back guarantee and 24×7 customer service.
MilesWeb has data centers in India, Singapore, Australia, the USA, Canada and UK.
VPS (Virtual Private Server)
A virtual private server is a physical server that is divided virtually into various blocks, and each block is then alloted to a client.
It is a good option for websites with medium traffic as a dedicated server can be too costly and not required for a site with medium traffic.
MilesWeb’s Managed VPS Hosting
MilesWeb provides both managed and self-managed VPS hosting.
Let us have a look at them one by one. VPS provides a dedicated IP address for each client.
Managed VPS Hosting
Managed VPS hosting at MilesWeb offers six managed VPS hosting plans, namely, V1, V2, V3, V4, V5 and V6.
The base plan at MilesWeb managed VPS hosting has the following features-
- 2GB RAM
- 50GB SSD Disk
- FreeSSL Certificate
- Dedicated IP
MilesWeb allows you to choose the control panel of your choice.
Managed VPS hosting offers the following:
- VPS hosting setup
- Control panel installation and configuration
- Third-party software installation
- Linux security and hardening
- CMS and Web application installation
- CSF Firewall installation and configuration
- Optimizing web server and fine-tuning
- Database optimization
- Network fine-tuning
- Server performance fine-tuning
- Security optimization
- Kernel patch updates
- Malware, virus detection and protection
- Installation of security patches and updates
- Spam protection
- Database and Website security
- Protection against server blacklisting
- Malware removal
- VPS performance optimization
- VPS migration
- rDNS setup
- Hardware and network related issues
- Unlimited ticket, emails and chat
Managed VPS includes:
- Solid-State Drive- All your data is stored in SSD and not the traditional hard drives. SSD makes your website work faster and more efficient.
- 100% Dedicated Resources- You do not have to share your CPU, memory and disk space. Your server is used only by you.
- Choice of Control Panel- With a control panel, you can manage websites, emails, databases and much more in an easy way.
- Affordable Prices- MilesWeb provides you with the best deal at the most affordable rates. With the extra discounts, you get even better offers.
- Malware Protection- You get 100% protection from malware with MilesWeb. The software checks for malware every day and protects your site from it. Even after this, if any threats are found, they are fixed immediately.
Self-Managed VPS Hosting
Self-Managed VPS hosting at MilesWeb offers six managed VPS hosting plans, namely, SMV1, SMV2, SMV3, SMV4, SMV5 and SMV6.
The base plan at MilesWeb self-managed VPS hosting has the following features-
- 2GB RAM
- 50GB SSD Disk
- 500GB Bandwidth
- Dedicated IP
Difference Between Managed and Self-Managed VPS Hosting
|No technical skills required
|Technical skills required
|Costly but good for novices
|Costs lower comparatively
|Maintenance is MilesWeb’s responsibility
|Maintenance is solely your responsibility
|24/7 Technical Support available
|No technical support available
MilesWeb offers the best managed and self-managed VPS hosting plans. They are super affordable and provide many features. It depends upon you as to which plan suits you the best. Ultimately, the best plan for you is the one that gives you the most benefits at the least price.